: Friendly Tree Faces :

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello everyone. I am sorry for the being absent for a while, once again. I have just been extremely busy with everything in my life, including my other blog, Creating a Natural Life.

One thing I cannot live without is nature, as you might be able to tell from my sister site. I love rocks and flowers and insects and arachnids and gardens and birds..... and trees. I think my preschooler....ahem...I mean my kindergartener and I will be working on a few tree-inspired projects and activities in the near future. We will also do other things encompassing nature in general, as well. 'Tis the season to embrace the outdoors and its endless beauty. I think it is a great gift to teach your little ones a love and appreciation and a deeper connection with the beautiful world around them and beyond them.

So, yesterday I swung by the Little Page Turners and was immediately inspired to have Jared create friendly tree faces. All you need are some push pins, some gatherings from nature, such as sticks, berries, leaves, hollowed acorns, etc.., and of course, a tree. Here are the creations Jared designed yesterday and I helped to implement.


And this, I must include because, for some reason, it melts my heart to see the kids hugging a tree.

Have fun creating fun faces on the trees around your home. It literally puts a friendly face on trees for your children to enjoy and brings them to life as it stimulates their imagination and connection with these wise characters.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails