: Rock Creatures and Magical Stones :

Sunday, May 23, 2010

When we went on our neighborhood walk yesterday after dinner, we picked up a few larger rounded stones we spotted along the way. We have been collecting different rocks, the kids and I, and this time I decided to do something a little different this time. I decided to bring them to life by turning them into familiar creatures.

I painted each with acryilic paint after rinsing them and they each dried quickly. The ladybug was a necessary creation and a favorite between the boys, the frog was perfect for the shape of rock, and the bee was made with painted wax paper wings.
I was stumped and mometarily uninspired when I looked at this rock, so I decided to create a magical wishing stone...or whatever the kids come up with. I will soon create a magical stone set for the kids.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to painting rocks. It is so easy to make them come alive as all sort of insects or animals. Ask your child to use their imagination when deciding what to paint, whether it is a creature, an enchanted stone, or a natural surface for which to paint a picture. If you have any rock creations you would like to share, add your link to the comments below.

3 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

Hi! I just found your blog through One Pretty Thing and I LOVE it! I'm definitely going to be trying some of these projects with my preschooler! I'm always looking for simple craft projects my daughter and I can make together. Keep the good ideas coming! :)

Unknown said...

Just started following your blog. You have some really cute craft projects. :)

Barbara Rivera said...

Just started following your blog. You have some really cute craft projects. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails