: Decorative Switchplates :

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I came across this simple, stylish fabric covered switchplate project today on Do Ah Diddy. I am going to be making a quilt soon with blues and browns, so I decided to make use of one of my chosen quilt fabrics.


I basically just cut out a peice of my fabric bigger than the switchplate itself. I took a paintbrush and generously coated it with Elmer's glue. I placed the fabric piece onto the switchplate just how I wanted it.


I cut slits in the facric where the light switch sticks out and tucked them onto the backside and secured them with more glue. I poked holes where the screws go, as well. Then, I let it dry for a few hours.


After that, I went over all the surfaces with Mod Podge and let that dry.


I reinstalled the kids' switchplate back in the their room and my 4-year-old was entirely stoked over it. Great quicky project...that is my favorite kind!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails